July 22, 2021
It’s Olympics szn and you know what that means. Watch party szn. We personally believe that watching sports with others is the most fun, and our watch parties have finally gone from bronze to gold status. As a part of our G5 community, we're giving you exclusive access to our archive of fun watch party ideas from years of supporting women’s sports. Let’s get into it:
How to show up:
What are you gonna do, wear your normal clothes?
- Dress up as your favorite Olympic athlete or wear the colors of your favorite country. Whoever has the best outfit gets first dibs on snacks, it’s a right of passage.
What to do:
The games are entertaining enough, but what do you do during a commercial break?
- Olympic potluck competition: Everyone brings a dish they believe deserves the gold. At the end of the day, cast your votes and award the gold, silver, and bronze! Feel free to dispute the results amongst yourselves…
- Set up your own Olympic games: Relay races, soccer games, corn hole; whatever gets your group feeling their most competitive. Get creative; after all, soccer is known as the sport that can be played anywhere as long as you have a ball.
- Olympic Fishbowl: Like charades, but not. Split into 2 teams, grab a bowl and some strips of paper, and have everyone write down an Olympics-themed noun. Round 1: Use words to describe what you picked from the bowl, without using the word written. Round 2: Use only 1 word to describe the word you chose. Round 3: No words, only actions. Each team member has 60 seconds each to pull as many words out of the bowl as they can while their team guesses, and the team with the most points at the end wins!
What to eat:
Nothing better than snacks and sports. Here’s some of our favorites:
- Chips and Dip: Guacamole, spinach and artichoke, salsa, hummus; all the dips.
- Your Momma’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: This is our favorite, but cookie recipe loyalty is absolutely a thing. We won’t take that from you.
- Make-Your-Own-Sandwich Station: When you’re parked in front of the TV all day watching women win, you need to fuel up.
And for the die-hard fans who get up between 1-5 A.M. to watch their favorite events live - we didn’t forget about you. Here’s some tips on how to get the most out of the middle-of-the-night (probably solo) watch party:
- Set your alarm to the opening ceremony music to get you in the right mood from the moment you wake up.
- Make yourself your version of the “perfect cup of coffee.” Just because you might take a nap later doesn’t mean you don’t deserve the best.
- Fuel up with some snacks or breakfast: Smoothies, protein bars, pancakes (if you’re really going all out). There’s no perfect time to have the most important meal of the day!
- Do some quick morning stretches, yoga, or jumping jacks to get your body moving and ready to watch (but not too many, your roommates and neighbors might not appreciate that).
Alright team!! We think you’re all set and ready to crush this year’s Olympics watch party szn. If you take part in any of these ideas, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @goalfive, and give us a follow to stay up to date on trivia, giveaways, and other fun ways we're celebrating this year's Olympics. We’d love to see how you support and celebrate women’s sports together ❤️🏅
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.